Swain at a Glance
"We nurture the collective joy of learning and individual spirit within each child" - D. Esther Swain, Founder (1929)
- Preschool (three year olds) through eighth grade
- A coeducational, secular, college-preparatory school
- 300 students
- A student-to-teacher ratio of 7:1
- Located on 20 picturesque acres in suburban Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Average class size is 14
沙巴体育在线投注Swain’s program of academics is a challenging, interdisciplinary approach to learning. These subjects are taught at all grade levels:
|Language Arts||Spanish||Character Education|
|Social Studies||Visual Arts||Technology|
沙巴体育在线投注Subjects such as writing, Engineering and Design, public speaking, and Wellness are added to the curriculum as the students progress through the grades.
In addition, all students participate in our character education programs – a variety of character-building programs and events such as Value of the Month, community service projects, Town Meetings and the Buddy Program, that teach ethical values and develop each student’s sense of self.
- 20 acres of land dedicated to student exploration, development and learning
- Classrooms designed using research-based developmental concepts
- Imaginate Center, a flexible learning space that encourages students to design, experiment, build, and invent for active, hands-on engagement across different curricular disciplines
- McCann Center, a regulation-size gym and performing arts venue
- Barbara Schuster Memorial Learning Garden, a student-designed environmental classroom and rain garden
- Ella Kovats-Bernat Amphitheater, an outdoor space for classes, entire grades, or our larger community to gather and watch performances, hear speakers, or simply reflect
- Werner Field, one of multiple athletic fields utilized for Swain sports and developmental programs within the community
- Preschool options:
- Monday - Friday (5-day) 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Monday - Friday (5-day) 8 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Tuesday - Thursday (3-day) 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday - Thursday (3-day) 8 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Prekindergarten options:
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Kindergarten – Eighth Grade: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Extended Care Program: 7:30–8 a.m. and 3-5:30 p.m.
TEAM SPORTS AT SWAIN
|Archery||Boys Basketball||Boys Lacrosse|
|Cross Country||Cross Training||CrossFit|
|Soccer||Girls Basketball||Girls Lacrosse|
- The Swain School is accredited by the (PAIS)
- Professional membership is held with the (NAIS)